Glen Cove drug rehab for in-patient and out-patient drug detox and alcohol treatment. Substance addiction and chemical dependency rehab program near Glen Cove NY. Alcohol And Drug Rehabilitation practices used in our New York rehab and detox facilities near Glen Cove. Programs for drug and alcohol abuse that include inpatient and outpatient recovery for addiction are detailed as well as the benefits and drawbacks of each. Most health plan providers will take care of alcohol and drug rehab. Call us to determine what options are available to you.
- Types of Addiction Treatment in Glen Cove
- Dual Diagnosis and Addiction
- Addiction and Psychological Dependence
- Where To Get Help
Types of Addiction Treatment in Glen Cove
In Patient Treatment
Our Residential Addiction Treatment also includes family therapy sessions, to encourage you work through the troubles often as a resulted of addiction. We also have an extensive curriculum to help prepare for a healthy, clean, and sober future. You can also find out how to cope with stressful scenarios in real life. Finally, our treatment involves team building and leisure activities to help you boost your interpersonal relationships.
When you participate in our community by signing up with our Glen Cove In Patient Rehab Treatment facility, you have access to a range of recovery services. Our top priority is Withdrawal Management. After that we start delivering your individualized treatment using a series of evidence-based services, including:
- Motivational Interviewing
- Acknowledgment and Commitment Therapy
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy
- 12 Step Integration
- Medication-Assisted Care
Our intensive, individualized outpatient drug and alcohol rehab program in Glen Cove operates under the same evidence-based, Twelve Step principles and practices as our in-patient treatment programs, which means your in-depth care includes mental, social, alcohol and additional substance abuse assessments, a personalized addiction treatment plan and continuing service recommendations. Our out patient rehab is an excellent rehab option if you:
- Are changing out of residential treatment
- Recently went through a relapse
- Just starting recovery
Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP)
Day treatment, also known as partial hospitalization includes the option of onsite accommodations at our clinically supervised sober living location. PHP is an especially successful rehab option if you:
- If you have recently gone through a relapse
- Have attempted more than one past attempts at recovery
- Are dealing with a co-occurring mental health issue like clinical depression or anxiety
- Would benefit from a organized recovery assistance setting following residential rehab
For patients who suffer a co-occurring mental health concern, we provide expert mental health support services. Our medical professionals are well-versed in evidence-based care approaches including cognitive-behavioral treatment, dialectical behavioral therapy and acceptance and commitment therapy. We also offer gender-specific recovery programs at some of our facilities.
Alcoholics Anonymous Meetings and NA Meetings in Glen Cove
- Alcoholics Anonymous (commonly referred to as AA) is probably the most well-known program connected to overcoming an addiction or chemical dependency. For decades, AA meetings have supported countless men and women overcome their dependence upon alcohol and start (or continue) their quest of lifelong recovery.
- Narcotics Anonymous (NA) – There is not a concentration on any specific substance. Instead, the objective of NA is to discuss the difficulties and triumphs that follow drug addiction and recovery.
NA is a twelve-step plan similar to Alcoholics Anonymous (AA) and it shares many of the same fundamentals, methods, and ideologies. The intent of NA is to cultivate a community where substance abusers help each other on the road to recovery. Sessions are comprised of people of many different demographic and at varying degrees of recovery, from several years to just a few days of being sober.
Dual Diagnosis and Addiction
Many people battling a substance use disorder (SUD) also suffer from a co-occurring mental health or behavioral health. This is referred to as a dual diagnosis. Individuals with a dual diagnosis need an integrated treatment plan that deals with both disorders as linked mental health issues.
Prevalent mental health disorders linked to drug abuse consist of the list below:
- ADHD – Many people are given adderall to address their ADHD, which may be habit-forming and result in a dangerous pattern of chemical abuse.
Depression – Many people identified as having depression try to self-medicate with illegal drugs or alcohol. This often makes the condition worse. The come-down after the high can be devastating for those with a pre-existing depressive issue.
- Bipolar Disorder – About fifty percent of people with bipolar disorder also have a problem with addiction. Just like any other disorder, it can be appealing to self-medicate. Alcohol and drugs provide a moment of temporary relief from emotional situations and manic episodes for individuals with bipolar.
- PTSD – When an individual develops post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) their brain creates fewer endorphins than a normal brain, making them more likely to turn to alcohol or drugs to be happy.
- Borderline Personality Disorder – Research studies have revealed that drug addiction and borderline personality disorder
- (BPD) often happen together. Over two-thirds of individuals with BPD have turned toward substance abuse at some time in their lives.
- OCD – Persons with OCD routinely experience anxiety and depression because of their compulsory actions, which can lead to drug abuse.
- Eating Disorder – Eating disorders often originate from intense thoughts of inferiority. Substances that decrease desire for food are especially prevalent among individuals with these disorders.
- Generalized Anxiety Disorder – The most typical mental disorder in the USA, generalized anxiety disorder (GAD) affects 18 percent of adults. Individuals who suffer from GAD might be more likely to turn to drugs and alcohol to control their symptoms. Individuals may also use benzodiazepines, which are very addictive pharmaceutical medications prescribed to treat anxiety disorders.
- Schizophrenia – Schizophrenia is characterized by hallucinations and delusional thinking. Diagnosing schizophrenia together with an addiction can be tricky because both issues share similar effects.
Addiction and Psychological Dependence
Most people or materials that refer to psychological addiction are referring to the cognitive and emotional aspects of addictive habits or the withdrawal process from narcotics or alcohol instead of trying to classify particular substances or activities as being mentally addictive or physically addictive. The indicators associated with the psychological components of addictive behaviors or with psychological dependence are typically classified as:
- Strong drug cravings
- Problems with stress and anxiety that take place when someone makes an attempt to stop their addictive behavior
- Problems with depression when an individual is not using their substance of choice or makes an effort to cease their addictive behavior
- Anger and trouble sleeping that develop when an individual is not using their favorite drug or making an effort to stop
- Any other problems with mood fluctuations that occur when one is not using their drug of choice or attempting to quit
- Appetite loss or increased appetite associated with not using the favorite drug
Where To Get Help
What Substances are treated at Glen Cove NY Detox?
- Stimulants – Cocaine, Crack, Speed, Methamphetamine, Adderall
- Opioids – Hydrocodone, Hydromorphone (Dilaudid), Morphine, Oxycodone
- Hallucinogens – LSD, PCP, Mushrooms
Drug Treatment Centers Near Glen Cove
0 Results Found
More Info About Glen Cove NY
Glen Cove, New York
The city was considered part of the early 20th century Gold Coast of the North Shore, as the areas along the waterfront were developed as large country estates by wealthy entrepreneurs and businessmen such as J.P. Morgan, Phipps, Pratt, and Prybil. Glen Cove also had manufacturing and a diverse population that worked in industry, local agriculture and retail businesses. Of Nassau County's five municipalities, Glen Cove is one of the two municipalities that is a city, rather than a town, the other being Long Beach on the South Shore.
The city was the location of several successful manufacturing facilities in the 20th century. It attracted numerous immigrants from Ireland, Italy, and eastern Europe. More recently, it has been settled by immigrants of later migrations, from Central and South America, and Asia.