Mount Vernon drug rehab for in-patient and out-patient drug detox and alcohol treatment. Addiction and chemical dependency recovery program near Mount Vernon NY. Alcohol And Drug Rehabilitation methods used in our New York rehab and detox facilities near Mount Vernon. Programs for drug and alcohol abuse that include inpatient and outpatient recovery for addiction are described as well as the advantages and disadvantages of both. Most health insurance providers will pay for alcohol and drug rehab. Contact us to find out which options are available to you.
- Addiction Treatment Programs in Mount Vernon
- What is the Dual Diagnosis and Addiction?
- Addiction and Psychological Dependence
- How To Get Help
Addiction Treatment Programs in Mount Vernon
In Patient Treatment
Our Residential Addiction Treatment also includes family counseling sessions, to encourage you overcome the challenges often caused by addiction. We also have an extensive curriculum to help plan for a sober, clean, healthy future. You can also understand how to manage difficult situations in real life. Finally, our healing involves team building and entertaining activities to help you develop your social relationships.
When you join our group by registering for our Mount Vernon In Patient Rehab Treatment facility, you enjoy a number of recovery services. Our first priority is Withdrawal Management. Then we begin delivering your customized treatment using a range of evidence-based methods, such as:
- Inspirational Interviewing
- Commitment Therapy and Acknowledgment
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy
- 12 Step Integration
- Medication-Assisted Care
Our intensive, customized outpatient alcohol and drug rehab center in Mount Vernon functions under the same evidence-based, Twelve Step principles and practices as our inpatient rehab programs, which means your complete care includes cognitive, social, alcohol and other drug use assessments, a customized addiction treatment program and continuing service recommendations. Our IOP is an excellent treatment approach if you:
- Are changing out of residential treatment
- Recently went through a relapse
- Starting recovery for the first time
Day treatment, also known as PHP includes the option of onsite accommodations at our medically supervised sober living location. Day treatment is an particularly beneficial rehab approach if you:
- Have gone through a recent relapse
- Have attempted multiple past attempts at recovery
- Are fighting with a co-occurring psychological health issue like clinical depression or anxiety
- Would gain from a designed recovery assistance community after residential rehab
For patients who suffer a co-occurring mental health challenge, we offer expert mental health professional services. Our medical professionals are experienced in evidence-based care approaches like cognitive-behavioral therapy, dialectical behavioral therapy and acknowledgment and dedication therapy. We also offer gender-specific recovery programs at some of our facilities.
Alcoholics Anonymous Meetings and NA Meetings in Mount Vernon
- Alcoholics Anonymous (often referred to as AA) is possibly the most well-known program connected to defeating an addiction or chemical dependency. For decades, AA meetings have assisted countless women and men triumph over their dependence upon alcohol and start (or continue) their quest of lifelong recovery.
- Narcotics Anonymous (NA) – There is not a concentration on one particular substance. Rather, the objective of NA is to share the hard times and triumphs that come with addiction and recovery.
NA is a twelve-step system very close to Alcoholics Anonymous (AA) and it offers many of the same fundamentals, practices, and theories. The purpose of NA is to cultivate an environment where addicts help one another on the road to healing. Sessions are comprised of men and women of every demographic and at different degrees of recovery, from several years to just a few days of being sober.
What is the Dual Diagnosis and Addiction?
Lots of folks battling a substance use disorder (SUD) also live with a co-occurring mental health or behavioral disorder. This is known as a dual diagnosis. People with a dual diagnosis need an integrated treatment plan that deals with both disorders as linked mental health issues.
Prevalent mental health disorders linked to drug abuse include the following:
- ADHD – Many people are given adderall to treat their ADHD, which may be addictive and lead to a toxic habit of chemical abuse.
Depression – Some individuals diagnosed with depression try to self-medicate with illegal drugs or alcohol. This often makes the disorder even worse. The crash after the high can be terrible for those with a pre-existing depressive problem.
- Bipolar Disorder – About half of people diagnosed with bipolar disorder also battle with addiction. Just like any other disorder, it can be appealing to self-medicate. Alcohol and drugs offer a source of temporary relief from mental challenges and manic episodes for individuals with bipolar.
- PTSD – When an individual develops post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) their brain generates less endorphins than a normal brain, making them more likely to turn to alcohol or drugs to feel happy.
- Borderline Personality Disorder – Research studies have revealed that drug addiction and borderline personality disorder
- (BPD) in many cases happen together. More than two-thirds of people with BPD have turned toward drug abuse at some point in their lives.
- OCD – Individuals with OCD routinely struggle with anxiety and depression as a result of their involuntary conduct, which can lead to substance abuse.
- Eating Disorder – Eating disorders often originate from strong perceptions of inferiority. Drugs that decrease desire for food are especially common among people struggling with these disorders.
- Generalized Anxiety Disorder – The most prevalent mental disorder in the U.S., generalized anxiety disorder (GAD) impairs 18 percent of adults. Men and women who deal with GAD may be more likely to turn to drugs or alcohol to deal with their issues. Individuals may also abuse benzodiazepines, which are very addictive pharmaceutical pills prescribed to address anxiety disorders.
- Schizophrenia – Schizophrenia is characterized by hallucinations and delusional thoughts. Identifying schizophrenia alongside an addiction can be complicated because both problems create similar behavior.
Addiction and Psychological Dependence
Most professionals or references that refer to psychological addiction are talking about the cognitive and emotional elements of addictive actions or the withdrawal process from substances or alcohol instead of attempting to identify specific substances or activities as being mentally addictive or physically addictive. The conditions associated with the psychological components of addictive behaviors or with psychological addiction are usually listed as:
- Uncontrolled desire for the substance
- Complications with anxiety that develop when someone tries to stop their addictive behavior
- Challenges with depression when someone is not using their chemical of choice or attempts to shut down their addictive behavior
- Irritation and uneasiness that occur when an individual is not using their drug of choice or attempting to quit
- Any other issues with mood swings that arise when one is not using their drug of choice or attempting to quit
- Appetite loss or increased appetite accompanied by not using the favorite drug
How To Get Help
What Drugs are treated at Mount Vernon NY Detox?
- Stimulants – Methamphetamine, Speed, Adderall, Cocaine, Crack
- Opioids – Hydrocodone, Morphine, Oxycodone, Hydromorphone (Dilaudid)
- Hallucinogens – LSD, PCP, Mushrooms
Drug Treatment Centers Near Mount Vernon
0 Results Found
More Info About Mount Vernon NY
Mount Vernon, New York
Mount Vernon is a city in Westchester County, New York, United States. It is an inner suburb of New York City, immediately to the north of the borough of the Bronx. As of the 2010 census, Mount Vernon had a population of 67,292.
Mount Vernon, the eighth-most populous city in the state of New York, has two major sections. Southside Mount Vernon is more urban, resembling the Bronx to the south, while Northside Mount Vernon is more residential. Mount Vernon's downtown business district is on the city's Southside, which features the City Hall, Mount Vernon's main post office, Mount Vernon Public Library, office buildings, and other municipal establishments.