Perinton drug rehab for in-patient and out-patient drug detox and alcohol treatment. Addiction and chemical dependency rehab program near Perinton NY. Drug and Alcohol Rehabilitation techniques used in our New York rehab and detox centers near Perinton. Programs for drug and alcohol abuse that offer inpatient and outpatient recovery for addiction are discussed as well as the advantages and drawbacks of each. Most health plan providers will take care of alcohol and drug rehab. Give us a call to determine which options are available for you.
- Types of Addiction Treatment in Perinton
- Treating Addiction with Dual Diagnosis
- Psychological Dependence and Addiction
- How To Get Help
Types of Addiction Treatment in Perinton
In Patient Drug Rehab
Our Residential Addiction Treatment also includes family therapy meetings, to encourage you work through the complications often caused by addiction. We also have an in-depth curriculum to help prepare for a clean, healthy, and sober future. You can also discover how to work with difficult scenarios in real life. Lastly, our healing involves team building and entertaining activities to help you bolster your social relationships.
When you join our community by registering for our Perinton In Patient Rehab Treatment facility, you have access to a range of recovery services. Our first priority is Withdrawal Management. After that we start delivering your personalized treatment using a series of evidence-based techniques, including:
- Inspirational Interviewing
- Acknowledgment and Commitment Therapy
- Cognitive Behavior Modification
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy
- 12 Step Integration
- Medication-Assisted Care
Our intensive, customized outpatient drug and alcohol rehab treatment in Perinton operates under the same evidence-based, Twelve Step concepts and practices as our inpatient rehab programs, which means your extensive care includes psychological, social, alcohol and additional substance abuse evaluations, a custom made addiction treatment plan and continuing care suggestions. Our out patient rehab is an excellent treatment alternative if you:
- Are changing out of residential treatment
- Have suffered a relapse
- Just starting recovery
Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP)
Day treatment, also known as partial hospitalization includes the option of onsite accommodations at our medically supervised sober living location. Day treatment is an particularly effective rehab approach if you:
- Have gone through a recent relapse
- Have attempted multiple previous attempts at drug rehab
- Are having problem with a co-occurring psychological health issue like clinical depression or anxiety
- Would benefit from a organized recovery support surrounding once you have completed residential treatment
For clients who experience a co-occurring mental health issue, we offer expert mental health services. Our clinicians are skillful in evidence-based techniques approaches like cognitive-behavioral treatment, dialectical behavioral therapy and recognition and decision therapy. We also offer gender-specific treatment options at some of our centers.
Perinton AA Meetings and NA Meetings
- Alcoholics Anonymous (often referred to as AA) is possibly the most widely known program related to overcoming an addiction or chemical dependency. For many years, AA meetings have helped countless men and women overcome their dependence upon alcohol and embark on (or continue) their pursuit of lifelong recovery.
- Narcotics Anonymous (NA) – There is not a concentration on one specific substance. Rather, the goal of NA is to discuss the difficulties and victories that follow drug addiction and recovery.
NA is a 12 step plan very close to Alcoholics Anonymous (AA) and it provides many of the same principles, tactics, and theories. The intention of NA is to cultivate a community where addicts aid one another on the path to recovery. Meetings consist of individuals of virtually every demographic and at various levels of recovery, from decades to just a couple days of being clean.
Treating Addiction with Dual Diagnosis
Lots of folks diagnosed with a substance use disorder (SUD) also live with a co-occurring cognitive health or behavioral disorder. This is referred to as a dual diagnosis. People with a dual diagnosis need an integrated recovery plan that focuses on both disorders as linked mental health issues.
Prevalent mental health disorders identified with drug and alcohol abuse consist of the list below:
- ADHD – Many people are prescribed adderall to address their ADHD, which may be habit-forming and generate a harmful pattern of chemical abuse.
Depression – Some individuals suffering from depression attempt to self-medicate with drugs or alcohol. This in many cases makes the problem even worse. The crash after the high can be devastating for those with a pre-existing depressive issue.
- Bipolar Disorder – Nearly half of people with bipolar disorder also have a problem with addiction. As with any other disorder, it can be tempting to self-medicate. Alcohol and drugs provide a moment of short-term relief from mental challenges and manic episodes for people with bipolar.
- PTSD – When a person develops post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) their brain manufactures less endorphins than a normal brain, making them more likely to turn to alcohol or drugs to be happy.
- Borderline Personality Disorder – Studies have demonstrated that dependency and borderline personality disorder
- (BPD) commonly develop together. Over two-thirds of people with BPD have turned toward substance abuse at some point in their lives.
- OCD – People with OCD oftentimes experience anxiety and depression because of their involuntary tendencies, which can bring about drug abuse.
- Eating Disorder – Eating disorders often stem from intense thoughts of inferiority. Stimulants that eliminate hunger are especially common among individuals struggling with these disorders.
- Generalized Anxiety Disorder – The most prevalent mental ailment in the U.S., generalized anxiety disorder (GAD) impairs eighteen percent of all adults. Those who deal with GAD might be more likely to abuse drugs and alcohol to control their issues. Individuals may also use benzodiazepines, which are incredibly addictive prescription medications used to manage anxiety problems.
- Schizophrenia – Schizophrenia is identified by hallucinations and delusional thinking. Diagnosing schizophrenia alongside an addiction can be challenging because both conditions create similar behavior.
Psychological Dependence and Addiction
Most people or references that refer to mental dependence are referring to the cognitive and emotional facets of addictive habits or the withdrawal process from drugs or alcohol as opposed to trying to identify particular drugs or activities as being mentally addictive or physically addictive. The conditions associated with the psychological aspects of addictive behaviors or with psychological dependence are commonly described as:
- Strong drug cravings
- Complications with stress and anxiety that occur when someone makes an effort to quit their addictive actions
- Difficulties with depression when one is not using their chemical of choice or makes an effort to shut down their addictive behavior
- Anger and trouble sleeping that happen when a person is not using their favorite drug or trying to quit
- Any other problems with mood fluctuations that transpire when one is not using their substance of choice or attempting to stop
- Decreased appetite or increased appetite that come with not using the drug of choice
How To Get Help
What Drugs are treated at Perinton NY Detox?
- Stimulants – Cocaine, Crack, Speed, Methamphetamine, Adderall
- Opioids – Hydrocodone, Morphine, Oxycodone, Hydromorphone (Dilaudid)
- Hallucinogens – LSD, PCP
Drug Treatment Centers Near Perinton
More Info About Perinton NY
Perinton, New York
Perinton (originally Perrinton (in federal censuses) and sometimes Perrington when still part of Ontario County) is a town in Monroe County, New York, United States. The population was 46,462 at the 2010 census.
The village of Fairport is within the town on the Erie Canal. Perinton is adjacent to the coterminous town and village of East Rochester (west), and the towns of Victor (south), Macedon (east), Pittsford (west), and Penfield (north). The hamlet of Egypt is in southeastern Perinton. Egypt Fire Department, Lollypop Farm, and Egypt Park are major Egypt landmarks. The southwestern portion of Perinton is called Bushnell's Basin and is home to the Bushnell's Basin Fire Department, Hitching Post Plaza, and Richardson's Canal House.