Riverhead drug rehab for in-patient and out-patient drug detox and alcohol treatment. Addiction and chemical dependency recovery program close to Riverhead NY. Alcohol And Drug Rehabilitation techniques used in our New York rehab and detox centers near Riverhead. Programs for drug and alcohol abuse that include inpatient and outpatient recovery for addiction are discussed as well as the advantages and disadvantages of both. Most health plan providers will take care of alcohol and drug rehab. Contact us to find out what options are available to you.
- Substance Abuse Treatment in Riverhead
- Dual Diagnosis and Addiction
- Addiction and Psychological Dependence
- Get The Help You or Your Loved One Needs
Substance Abuse Treatment in Riverhead
In Patient Treatment
Our Residential Addiction Treatment also includes family therapy meetings, to help you overcome the complications often brought on by addiction. We also have an in-depth educational program to help prepare for a clean, healthy, and sober future. You can also learn how to handle stressful scenarios in the real world. Finally, our healing integrates team building and fun activities to help you bolster your social relationships.
When you participate in our group by registering for our Riverhead In Patient Rehab Treatment center, you enjoy a range of recovery services. Our primary priority is Withdrawal Management. After that we begin administer your individualized treatment using a range of evidence-based techniques, including:
- Motivational Interviewing
- Acknowledgment and Commitment Therapy
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Dialectical Behavior Modification
- 12 Step Integration
- Medication-Assisted Approach
Out Patient Rehab Program
Our intensive, tailored outpatient alcohol and drug rehab center in Riverhead operates under the same evidence-based, Twelve Step principles and methods as our inpatient treatment programs, which means your complete care includes psychological, social, alcohol and other substance abuse evaluations, a individualized addiction treatment plan and continuing service suggestions. Our intensive outpatient program is an excellent treatment approach if you:
- Are moving out of inpatient treatment
- Recently went through a relapse
- Starting recovery for the first time
Partial Hospitalization Program
Day treatment, also known as PHP includes the option of onsite accommodations at our clinically supervised sober living facility. PHP is an especially effective rehab solution if you:
- If you are currently going through a relapse
- Have attempted multiple past attempts at drug rehab
- Are having problem with a co-occurring psychological health issue such as clinical depression or anxiety
- Would benefit from a designed recovery assistance surrounding following inpatient rehab
For patients who deal with a co-occurring mental health concern, we provide expert mental health professional services. Our medical professionals are well-versed in evidence-based treatment approaches including cognitive-behavioral treatment, dialectical behavioral therapy and acceptance and decision therapy. Gender-specific programs are also offered.
AA Meetings and NA Meetings in Riverhead
- Alcoholics Anonymous (commonly referred to as AA) is possibly the most well-known program associated with defeating an addiction or chemical dependency. For many years, AA meetings have supported countless men and women triumph over their dependence upon alcohol and start (or continue) their quest of permanent recovery.
- Narcotics Anonymous (NA) – There is not a concentration on one certain substance. Instead, the purpose of NA is to share the trials and victories that accompany addiction and recovery.
NA is a 12 step system very close to Alcoholics Anonymous (AA) and it offers many of the same foundations, techniques, and ideologies. The intention of NA is to build a community where substance abusers assist each other on the path to healing. Meetings consist of people of many different demographic and at various degrees of recovery, from decades to just a few days of being clean.
Dual Diagnosis and Addiction
Lots of people suffering from a substance use disorder (SUD) also live with a co-occurring cognitive health or behavioral disorder. This is known as a dual diagnosis. Patients with a dual diagnosis need an integrated treatment plan that addresses the two ailments as linked mental health issues.
Prevalent mental health disorders linked to drug and alcohol abuse consist of the list below:
- ADHD – Many individuals are prescribed adderall to manage their ADHD, which can be habit-forming and create a toxic habit of substance abuse.
Depression – Numerous people identified as having depression try to self-medicate with illegal drugs or alcohol. This frequently makes the disorder even worse. The come-down after the high can be terrible for those with a pre-existing depressive condition.
- Bipolar Disorder – Approximately one-half of people with bipolar disorder also deal with addiction. As with any other disorder, it can be attractive to self-medicate. Alcohol and drugs offer a moment of short-term relief from mental challenges and manic instances for individuals with bipolar.
- PTSD – When someone develops post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) their brain manufactures fewer endorphins than a healthy brain, making them more likely to turn toward alcohol or drugs to feel happy.
- Borderline Personality Disorder – Studies have demonstrated that drug addiction and borderline personality disorder
- (BPD) in many cases materialize together. Over two-thirds of those with BPD have turned toward drug abuse at some time in their lives.
- OCD – Persons with OCD oftentimes deal with anxiety and depression because of their uncontrolled actions, which can lead drugs or alcohol.
- Eating Disorder – Eating disorders often originate from intense feelings of inferiority. Medications that decrease appetite are especially prevalent among individuals with these disorders.
- Generalized Anxiety Disorder – The most prevalent mental disorder in the U.S., generalized anxiety disorder (GAD) impairs 18 percent of all adults. Persons who struggle with GAD may be more likely to abuse drugs or alcohol to manage their symptoms. Some individuals may also abuse benzodiazepines, which are very addictive prescription pills prescribed to manage anxiety problems.
- Schizophrenia – Schizophrenia is characterized by hallucinations and delusional thinking. Diagnosing schizophrenia in addition to an addiction can be difficult because both conditions share similar effects.
Addiction and Psychological Dependence
Most individuals or materials that refer to psychological addiction are talking about the cognitive and emotional aspects of addictive behaviors or the withdrawal period from substances or alcohol instead of attempting to classify specific substances or activities as being mentally addictive or physically addictive. The symptoms associated with the psychological elements of addictive behaviors or with psychological addiction are typically described as:
- Strong drug cravings
- Problems with anxiety that happen when someone makes an effort to end their addictive conduct
- Troubles with depression when a person is not using their chemical of choice or tries to halt their addictive behavior
- Irritability and uneasiness that develop when a person is not using their favorite drug or trying to kick the habit
- Any other problems with mood fluctuations that appear when one is not using their preferred drug or attempting to stop
- Decreased appetite or increased appetite accompanied by not using the drug of choice
Get The Help You or Your Loved One Needs
What Substances are treated at Riverhead NY Detox?
- Stimulants – Methamphetamine, Speed, Adderall, Cocaine, Crack
- Opioids – Hydrocodone, Hydromorphone (Dilaudid), Morphine, Oxycodone
- Hallucinogens – LSD, PCP
Drug Treatment Centers Near Riverhead
More Info About Riverhead NY
Riverhead (town), New York
Riverhead is a town within Suffolk County, New York, on the north shore of Long Island. As of the 2010 census, the population was 33,506. The town rests on the mouth of the Peconic River, from which it derives its name. Since 1727, Riverhead has been the county seat of Suffolk County. The smaller hamlet of Riverhead lies within it, and is the town's principal economic center. The town is 166 miles (267 km) southwest of Boston via the Orient Point-New London Ferry, and is 76 miles (123 km) northeast of New York City.
Riverhead is the agricultural apex of Long Island, with 20,000 of the 35,000 acres of the island's farmland located within the town. The town is also home to four separate beaches which are open year round. Iron Pier, Wading River, and Reeves Beach each offer boating access for residents and visitors alike.